Africa Fashion Week London is seeking Lagos and London based trainee bloggers and social media assistants to write/edit/manage social media content and website content for the organisation.
We are seeking graduate trainees for a unpaid part-time and paid, full-time positions in the field of blogging and social media. The successful candidate will be a highly-motivated and enthusiastic individual with a strong interest in fashion and a passion for the media who wishes to build their CV, make connections and gain valuable experience and insight in the field of fashion PR and marketing with a view to a career in the sector.
The trainee will work alongside the press and publicity team, assisting with its busy roster of clients, providing social media and blog support, getting actively involved in projects, attending events and getting vital on-the-job training with experienced PR and marketing professionals.
The position is full-time for nine months in the first instance, with a possible extension beyond. Performance objectives will be set and reviewed at regular intervals.
There are also three-month internship opportunities for interested applicants.
For more information about our company please visit our website www.africafashionweeklondon.com
Tasks will include:
• Writing SEO-friendly content and articles for the AFWL website
• Research and copywriting (press releases, website copy etc.)
• Issuing photographic images
• Liaising with journalists, clients and colleagues where appropriate
• Researching media
• Writing/editing tweets and status updates, pre-scheduling tweets, responding to inquiries via social media channels, fielding basic customer service questions via social media channels
• Contributing to e-marketing campaigns
• Monitoring and distributing media coverage (including social media)
• Producing and distributing media reports
• Maintaining accurate records, including relevant databases and system documents
• Attend client meetings/strategy sessions, assist in social network audience/engagement growth
• Participating in campaign and other departmental meetings as appropriate
• Assisting at AFWL events
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Qualities Required:
• A demonstrable interest in working in fashion
• A passion for media, journalism and communications
• Planning and time management skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• A working knowledge of social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
• Ability to be consistent with deadlines
• Computer literate including word processing, databases and spread sheets
• Good data-handling skills and research skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team
• Imagination, initiative, flexibility and creativity
(Desirable but not essential)
• Previous experience in press & PR
The trainee will gain an understanding of:
• Press, PR and marketing within the African fashion industry with high profile clients
• Devising and implementing media and marketing campaigns
• African and mainstream fashion media
• Contact and mailing management and research systems
• Working in partnership with other organisations
• Client relationships
• Evaluation and monitoring
Please send your CV, writing samples and covering letter outlining how you meet the above criteria to Sinem Onabanjo at email@example.com
Closing date: Midnight, 10 January 2013
Interview date: w/c 14 January 2013